Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Have Cm But No Period

Heidelberg: Die Depandance in Neckargemünd

say that problems with memory and time will not follow a strictly chronological order of the inclusion of my travel experiences will be a deciding ... "Today I want to tell you about that hotel of this city" without then necessarily follow other posts on the same subject. In this case it is critical labels, which enables those who visit my blog to turn to the various destinations and objects of my rambling!
So starting, as I said, completely by chance that I would like to tell you how I found myself at ' Hotel Die Dependance of Neckargemünd, which we used as our base to visit Heidelberg. Indeed, the beautiful Heidelberg, so I put it very clear my thoughts ...

Abstract: neither I nor Matt love the hotel chain, the ones that have to be clear and 300 rooms are the same anywhere in the world you go. If this, maybe when you attend a lot of places far away, can be a guarantee of quality and reliability when in fact it is in Europe, and in our case in Germany, could only be the fastest way to lose an opportunity.
The opportunity to stay in a small hotel, more personal, maybe not in the center, with its strengths and its flaws, but you better immerse themselves in the atmosphere of the place.

Heidelberg is really wonderful, but we had two problems (or maybe three). First, traveling by car we should also think about the cost of parking the car that often when you choose a hotel in the center are greatly increase the costs for overnight. Second, we did not want to spend so much and did not want, as I said, go into a hotel and barracks. Third, it is important for us to have breakfast included, without it costing us 12 Euro each.
Okay, these three things can also be summed up in a "We wanted to spend a little" ... I realize hours.

So since no value for money hotel in the city we met we started looking at places that revolve around Heidelberg, following the route of the train (in order to ensure a practical link the historic center). Neckargemünd meet the requirements and although we did not find any reviews on the Internet or photograph that inspires confidence (indeed, even the official website was unclear in this respect) we decided to take the risk.

The hotel is housed in a house that overlooks the main street (Hauptstrasse) a short distance from the Art Hotel which is, in practice, the annex (hence the name). All formalities such as registration and payment have been made to the reception of the other hotel, located about ten meters across the street. Neither the lady to whom I paid (which did not give me even a shred of invoice or similar) or the girl who, upon our arrival, we recorded and accompanied to the room glowed in sympathy. They were most kind and friendly e-mail. In fact, we had often heard because I wanted to get parking information, and links with Heidelberg ...
First they told me I could leave the car in front of hotel only until Monday morning, then once there, they told me to leave what seemed to me exposing their business card ... so better than the other way!

Our room was located on the second floor (of a total of three) can only be reached through the stairs, still wide enough to allow comfortable carrying bags of and cases. I was afraid that I have a rip-off (despite the common areas were nice) and I was already cursing me for making the crust and choosing a room from $ 69 when you open the door, I could breathe a sigh of relief!
The room is furnished with wicker furniture and painted a lime green color, on the whole was under the care and good taste. There was no closet, but a space with a curtain to roll, backed by a ground plane and a rod for hanging clothes. I avoid always use lockers for fear of forgetting something in it, so it was not a problem.
The bathroom, new shower with warm and perfectly clean, it was a real pleasure. There is nothing worse than back in his room after a day spent walking around in the summer sun (as Teutonic), and have crap to set foot in the shower. Tremendous.
Wanting to see some problems ... the room knew there was a little smoke, but very little thing that I saw on this point are highly impatient, and I admit that I still had not requested a non smoking room, not I think ever, in fact I give for granted.
And here, the glasses I have never been cleaned in their lives, but we can say that made me feel at home because even I, as a self-cleaning windows, are to be taken such as!
Finally the hair dryer was missing. Matthew does not use it now, I adopt the style fake "fake disheveled" (so true disheveled) and I do not need. But let us be clear I do this.

The breakfast buffet was prepared in the Hotel, strada.Tuttavia on the other side of the hotel's website says that I have seen that in the same building c ' is a breakfast room ... perhaps the only open when full or my understanding of the German missed a beat. However, no problem. The room was very nice, colored in a dark red, with nice tables and buffet service. A table in the hall housed the various drinks (choice of 6 types of tea and herbal tea), with a coffee machine, milk and the like, as well as containers with various types of eggs (boiled, scrambled). Just outside the room, almost in a corroded, there was a basket of bread (I found only white bread I mean ...), trays with cheeses and cold cuts and the area with yogurt, jams, juices (orange , ace, grapefruit) and various fruits. The breakfast could be done until 12, which was used to never find too many people wake up and calmly.
I liked both the quantity and quality, but deep down it is difficult to find a poor breakfast, Germany.

As anticipated, the hotel is located in center of the country and it is impossible not to see it! This, however, affect the noise of the room ... in fact, sleeping with the windows open, we have suffered traffic noise all night. I also had a truck with trailer (for a road so narrow, then ...) not to mention those with the stereo ball! Then ask specifically the rooms at the back, in case you decide to go there in summer (with the windows closed, however, was quiet).

The choice fell on this land to well-connected to Heidelberg. Indeed, there are two underground S-Bahn, a short distance away. The most convenient is to Neckargemuend Altstadt. By train you arrive in just ten minutes at Altstadt in Heidelberg and from here you get to the heart is a matter of minutes. Also returning in the evening, we felt it was completely calm. Alternatively, there are frequent bus rides (which I avoid because I'm sick ...).
opted for this solution for those who travel in groups and advice the 9-day pass € valid for 24 hours for a maximum of five people ... very convenient! The ticket machine has instructions in Italian.
One last tip: In the outbuilding is not internet connection, but that is the Art Hotel. But putting your laptop on the windowsill take a couple of unprotected connections ;-)
Alternatively you could ask to use the connection of the Art Hotel (which requires password) when you breakfast, because there take.

affordable solution that allows you to spend little, without having to sacrifice too much. Use public transport in Germany is an experience that everyone should do, if only to go home and say, "Why work so well there and not here?".
I know, is a masochist, but sometimes I would be ...

Hotel's official website here .
Trivago page with more photos here .
Official site of the town of Neckargemünd here .

0 comments:

Post a Comment