Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Post Scabies But Getting New Bumps

Books more books. And women

Here we go again. I did it again. I bought another book for the holidays: Women that the facts of Fruttero.
Actually I have not even set foot in a bookstore. Only now that the books you sell them anywhere so it's easy to get into a hifi shop with the idea to buy some electronic gadget for someone else and come out with a little something for you, paper. For birthdays there's always another time.
I picked up just because someone told me that it would read. I was not so much the idea, then I read the cover for the larks, the one behind:

Self-esteem, self-esteem, more self-esteem, it can not be better than this damned self-esteem, said my husband (ex) Jacopo. It gave him the word on the nerves, the psycho-scientific pretensions. But you (me and my friends), you would say that Joan of Arc is self-esteem? and Judith, as he cut the head of that there? There was a word that defines very well the thing: pride. The story was full of proud women, Cleopatra, Catherine the Great, Roman matrons, poets, I know. Full. Poor self-esteem was a word from home: self-cleaning, autofriggente, autosmacchiante ...

I bought it immediately. Yes, because it looks funny and I'm not exactly Joan of Arc. I am a poor woman, a housewife, part-time, part-timissimo with a job and I desperately need something autosmacchiante and self-cleaning.
Then there is an investigation.
Then there are eight different women. Then
Fruttero is a great irony old intelligent and irreverent. Well perhaps I immediately began to read it.

esteem I had found something. Setting and with a more engaged approach to "gender". No matter which one is male or female to sin under self-esteem but it is damn true that females continue to be planned right from the cradle to be transparent, to step aside, a "veil" Woolf said, I think. In
Lexicon of the difference (by Aida Ribero Centre of Studies of the thought female) is the voice esteem (Paola Leonardi), together with 13 golden rules. These are things that you know, that seem so obvious as not having to even talk. Instead I think it is better to remember them. For this reason, I reprint here:
1 with people who make us feel good, choose places and activities that give us good health and nutrition physical, mental, spiritual
2 be available for others without neglecting ourselves, " never give more than we can give "
3 offer and donate what they wish to receive;
4 recognize the right to say no , expressing "what I hear, I think, what I want";
5 accept only those situations where we feel our practice or home without consent in those that seem wrong;
6 grant time and space, just for us;
7 allocated more importance to our feel that to think of others
8 appreciate as we are, not need to be perfect ;
9 provide availability to others, without submitting to their circumstances;
10 know how to ask, to show the need, without providing self-sufficiency and independence iperfunzionalità as an expression of strength;
11 avoid toxic relationships with men (and women), narcissus, self-centered;
12 enhance sexual difference ;
13 be open to change.

Seem obvious.
I am not at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment