Sunday, July 22, 2007

Does Freezing Tags Hurt?

Pistis. Language of the sea, God, poets


poet's house Originally uploaded by
acquadirosa

begin with the poets.
When I was a little girl and the rock along the road along the creeks were hundreds (I think) of all colored wooden sheds, poet lived alone in a hut made of branches around the bush, Centenary (I think, are uncertain about the hundreds), born on the sand dunes behind the big beach called Pistis . Around the hut of the poet there was and still is a small garden. To my mother, my aunt and my cousins \u200b\u200bwent at once to find the poet who welcomed everyone and gave perhaps his poems, only asked that guests sign a notebook or leave a comment there. I had just learned to write in the winter of my first grade and I was on vacation for some weeks: I remember the anguish with which I tried to converge on my long nomecognome quadernino. Then do not ever come back through the dunes to look for the poet. I did it just last winter, the afternoon of the photo above, and the poet, of course, by now it was gone. The question of inspiration
of this post was very simple: which means that word Pistis?
The answer, sincere honest is "I do not know." Since I know not, I'm going to try it, no?
Pistis is the name of a stretch of beach on the west coast of Sardinia, near the village where I grew up with this fact, we have grown, which is the name of a place, I never laid on problem. It would be like asking which means chess Fregene, Rimini, much if not all city names. Yeah but maybe those are the city. From the beaches we thank the gods and men and the sea and the pirates are not in town. Almost never. But the fact is that a meaning 't have (or have had) the names of places. And the place names is something very interesting. But unfortunately I do not know little, indeed nothing. Pistis
So going to try to trust Google I found that this is a feminine noun in the Bible (oh my God but I do not know in what language) derived from a verb pe ... qw which means persuaded, believe, trust. I do not know what could be the meaning in Sardinia. But that verb there has a good meaning of any language is. What then of hypotheses on the relationship between the ancient peoples of the sea, Sardinia and the Bible there are more, and are very attractive. Who knows if there is a link? I try to
Sardinian dictionary and can not find anything there, either. Maybe I'd need a dictionary of place names to find out more or maybe just ask someone who knows more than me. Does anyone know which means Pistis in Sardinia?

0 comments:

Post a Comment